Float through time and space in our state-of-the-art DreamPod. Relax and allow your brain and body’s natural healing abilities to activate. Enjoy the most soothing and restful experience you’ll ever have.
Floating, or float therapy, is the act of floating in salt water for physical, emotional, and mental benefits. you step into a private spa “tub” of warm water to float and relax. This “tub”, or pod as we call it, is filled with 1000+ pounds of epsom salt. The buoyancy is higher than the Dead Sea, so you’re fully supported and float effortlessly. This effect is similar to the anti-gravity effect astronauts experience in space. Feel free to twist, bend, stretch, or stay still and release tension in areas that are normally compressed. The water is heated to skin temperature and feels warm at first, but eventually feels as if there is no separation between body and water.
You control your float experience from beginning to end. Music and lights (inside and outside the pod) are optional. If you decide to go without music or lights, this is where complete sensory deprivation can be achieved. Many people who are looking for deep meditation, or have difficulty with sensory processing, go this route. However, lights can be turned on at any time and the pod lid can be pushed open quickly if needed.
If you’d like to listen to music, we have a collection of soundscapes for you to choose from. These include binaural beats, nature sounds, classical music, and guided meditations. If you want lights, the lights automatically cycle through the rainbow (chakras), but you can choose a singular color if you’d like.
The purpose of floating in an enclosed and sensation-free environment is to unplug your mind from the constant stimulus of day-to-day life. With no texts or phone calls, no tasks, and no clutter, your mind is free to play and explore. Because epsom salts raise dopamine and serotonin (happy) levels, and lower your cortisol (stress) levels, you feel physically AND mentally relaxed, which allows you to creatively problem solve without shame, judgment, or frustration.
Getting out of the pod is an experience as well! When you exit the float room after your shower, you may feel that your senses are sharpened, your body is elongated, you naturally stand in alignment, and the world appears more vibrant. Mental and physical benefits can be felt hours or even days after a single float. If you choose to float regularly (about 1x-2x a month or more), you may see major improvements in your mental, physical, and emotional health long term.
Magnesium loosens muscles and it is likely during your float you may have to exit to use the restroom. To prevent disrupting your zen state, we recommend using the restroom before floating.
This is to protect your ears from the high-salt concentration of the tank. We recommend wearing them before your shower, so that they stay more securely in the ears.
• Use shampoo and soap ONLY. No conditioner.
• Keep the water at a cooler/lukewarm temperature, so when you enter the float pod, the water does not feel cold. The water is heated to the temperature of the surface of your skin (93-95 degrees), and hot water goes to around 100. The float pod will feel shocking and the adjustment period will be longer if you take a hot shower.
• Found on the counter near the earbuds, if you have any minor scratches or cuts. This will prevent pain (it is 1000lbs of salt, after all!)
• If your scratches or cuts are not minor, please reschedule your float for when you have healed.
• You can step in, kneel or sit down, and pull down on the handle to close the lid.
• On the inside of the pod, you will have two buttons: A green button, and a red button.
• The green one controls the light. One press to turn it off and on. Holding it down for three seconds allows you to stay on one color, instead of cycling through.
• The red button turns the music off. It does not turn the music back on, and once the music is turned off, it cannot be turned on no matter what. Be sure that you would like to turn your music off for the rest of your float if you press this button.
• The black headrest is for sore necks. This can be a pretty common experience, but trying different arm positions or using the headrest can alleviate a sore neck.
• Relax, and float!
This time, you can use shampoo, soap, AND conditioner.
• We have amenities available for use (such as combs, dry eye solution, eye contact solution, facial wipes, and a hairdryer).
• Please remember that you get 15 minutes before your float and after your float to get ready.
You don’t need to bring anything, except a gift card if you have one! We provide everything: towels, ear plugs, a blow dryer, make-up remover wipes, Q-tips, contact holders, and combs. However, we do ask that all first-time floaters fill out an intake form before coming to the studio.
More than just sanitary. The water contains 1000 lbs of epsom salts which hinders the ability of any germ to survive, plus, the DreamPod has a filtration system similar to that of a small pool or a hot tub. It filters itself up to 7 times between each float. We add natural chemicals (such as Vitamin C) and bromine (a very gentle chlorine type of substance) to maintain the cleanliness of the pod.
Because any sensory input can take away from the experience, we recommend you float in the nude. You’re in a completely private room, so there’s no fear of running into anyone else.
Due to the high salt content in the water you literally float on the water, much like a buoy in the ocean. You will not drown! Rolling over takes a great amount of exertion, so you can float without worry.
Everyone! Even those under 18 are allowed to float, because the experience benefits everyone.
Pregnant women are encouraged to float (with doctor’s approval) because of the shown benefits of floating during pregnancy, such as: Mother/child bonding; release of stress on the joints and muscles of the body; decreased stress and pain. Some mommas have even reported being able to hear their baby’s heartbeat while floating!
For more information, check out our intake form
You have the ability to control lights (including color) from inside the pod.
You also have the option to float in silence or listen to one of our soundtracks. While floating, you can use the button inside the pod to turn the music off at any point.
Our pod looks like a giant egg, or a spaceship pod. The lid closes and opens easily without much effort. We recommend trying it with the lid closed first, because the pod is surprisingly spacious once you’re in there. You have the choice between closing the lid completely, cracking it open, or having it open all the way.
We have two standard options: a 1 hour float (1 ½ hours total to include time for preparation and showering) and a 30 minute float (1 hour total).
If you’re interested in longer floats, (for deep meditation and astral projection, for example), contact us directly so we can discuss pricing and scheduling options.
Lie back, relax, and let your brain and body’s natural healing abilities soothe you. Re-train your brain to take in more self-love and less judgment. Find creative solutions. Immerse yourself in the possibilities.